Terrific if you have left over roast chicken!
1 Roast Chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
1 small red capsicum, halved, seeded, thinly sliced
1 red onion, diced
3 shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced
145g (1 3/4 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
6 flour tortillas
375g btl Old El Paso Thick & Chunky Medium Salsa
Sour cream, to serve Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve (optional)
3 ripe tomatoes, diced
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Combine the chicken, capsicum, onion, shallot and 80g (1 cup) of the cheddar in a large bowl.
2. Place 1 tortilla on a clean work surface. Top with one-sixth of the chicken mixture. Place 1 tablespoon of the salsa on top. Roll up to enclose filling. Place in an ovenproof dish. Repeat with the remaining tortillas, chicken mixture and salsa.
3. Spoon remaining salsa over rolled tortillas and sprinkle with remaining cheddar.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheddar melts and filling is heated through.
5. Meanwhile, to make the tomato salsa, combine the tomato, onion and lime juice in a bowl. Season with salt.
6. Top the enchiladas with the tomato salsa, sour cream and coriander.