Taste’s just like they serve at a Chinese restaurant!
250g roast chicken meat, shredded
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 cups sweetcorn kernels
3 cups chicken stock
1 spring onion – sliced finely
2 tbsp cornflour
2 tbsp thickened cream
2 tsp light soy sauce
6 baby spinach leaves, sliced finely
1 cup water
- Season the chicken with the pepper
- Place the corn in a food processor and use the pulse control to chop it coarsely.
- Bring the chicken stock to the boil in a medium saucepan. Add the chicken and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the corn, spring onion, water and spinach leaves and simmer briefly.
- Combine the cornflour and 2tbsp of cold water and stir into the soup until it thickens.Stir in the soy sauce and cream, heat briefly and serve.