4 rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped
3 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (approx 2cm)
2 cups hot vegetable stock
3 sticks celery, sliced
2 tbsp plain flour
2 cups milk
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
1/8 cup chopped fresh chives
1. Spray a large pan with oil and allow to heat.
2. Add onion and bacon and cook for 1 mins.
3. Add potatoes and cook for a further 3 mins over a low heat.
4. Add stock and celery to the potato mixture.
5. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 10-15 mins or until potatoes are tender.
6. Blend the flour in 1/2 cup of the milk, once blended add remaining milk and mix. Slowly pour the mixture into the soup. Increase the heat and stir constantly until soup boils and thickens.
7. Remove from heat and add stir in the cheese and chives.
8. Season to taste with cracked black pepper.
Serve topped with extra chives (optional)