Photo Credit: www.pangravykadaicurry.blogspot.com.au
"When I first started cooking this was one of my favorite things to cook. It's a great way to use up left over bolognese sauce"
1 ½ cups S.R flour
30g Melted butter
½ cup milk
500g lean mince
1 tbsp oil
1 beef stock cube
1 onion – finely chopped
1 tsp sugar
1 clove garlic
1 tin tomato soup
fresh tomato , sliced
roasted capsicum, sliced into strips
pineapple, crushed and drained
1. Fry onion and garlic in a fry pan until onion is soft. Add mince and cook through, sprinkle stock cube over mince and add tomato soup and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
2. Sift flour into a bowl, add butter and ½ the milk. Using a knife mix ingredients then add remainder of milk. Mix into a soft dough. Press into the base of the a Saute Pan using the tips of your fingers until the base of the pan is covered – no need to knead the dough or leave it to rise.
3. Spread meat over dough and top with sliced tomato, capsicum, mushrooms, pineapple and mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the pan over medium heat, cover and cook for 5 minutes with vents closed.
5. Turn lid to open vents, reduce heat to medium low and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until dough is golden underneath.
6. Remove from heat, cut into portions and serve immediately
Alternatively - If you don't have an electric frypan, saute pan or standard frypan with a lid you can press the dough into a lightly oiled lasagne dish, add your toppings and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for approx 30 mins or until dough is golden underneath.